Tuesday, June 5, 2012

There's something wrong w/me Chemically

One day down, a whole bunch to go.
Last week we took the kids to a REAL game and it was borderline horrific
The kids were rotten and ornery and all they cared about was what food they could get.
We said we would never take them anywhere again but I know we were lying.
                                                                                   Neve got into a little of a predicament w/this hat.  She couldn't figure out how to undo this once she cinched it up.  It was like a muzzle except screams could still escape. 
We had some little visitors and my kids were thrilled, the visitors were thrilled w/my freezer full of Creamies!
 We bought the Pass of All Passes and went to Seven Peaks today for a few hours.  
We still got too much sun but it was a nice start to the summer. 
 Before we went, Neve and Samuel had swimming lessons and Neve refused to get in the pool.  I threatened her w/everything and the stubborn little mule wouldn't budge.  I think the teachers think she is afraid of the water.  Nope, she loves it and even swims under water but she had made up her mind that she didn't need a teacher so she refused to get in while that "lady" was in the pool trying to teach her.   Sam got a Sno Cone and she did not so she was a very sad/mad girl on the way home.  I think tomorrow she will do her swim lessons but then again, I could be wrong.

These kids are great but man, pools give me anxiety w/children.  I feel in charge of all the little ones in the pool even if I don't know them.  I have major water/drowning anxiety (yes, even w/the upped meds)
 I needed this day and was glad Angi suggested it.  It was nice not to think or worry about the other things in life for a minute. 
Update:  Neve would not even get her swimming suit on today.
 Maybe we will try again next year.  Little Poop stain!

5 comments:

Missionary Momma said...

I love this post...your Neve sounds so much like my 4 year old. =)

Natalie said...

I need one of those hat muzzles. Except I still need to figure out what will muzzle the screams short of suffocation.

Aimee said...

We need to figure out a day each week to make our Seven Peaks day. I love that place ... there's something about it that makes you forget about all your stresses for a minute (not quite like Disneyland does - but still is a good getaway). I think I'm addicted to the sun and therefore cannot get enough of the Lazy River. Little bums in swimming suits are always fun, too.

Lisa said...

Looks like fun, but a lot of stress. Water is my major stress/anxiety trigger. I think my boys would be the exact same at a swim lesson right now. Thus no swim lessons for them this year.

Angi said...

I was so glad to get on here and see that you were great enough to actually take pictures. I've been feeling very sad that I never did. So thanks!
And sorry that my daughter still hasn't learned very good manners and begs, borrows and steals every creamy in your house!
You're the best!

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures