Sunday, April 17, 2011

So why on earth should I moan

Dirt under my nails (even w/gloves on) on my knees and streaks across my face. Sunburned tops of ears and scalp. Sun kissed nose and cheeks (face ones). Majorly chapped lips. Dry mouth. Unquenchable thirst. Restless nights sleep. Too hot or too cold. Take out for dinner. Grass clippings all over the house. Barely able to move.

Why is all that good?

Because a whole day spent in the backyard, in the dirt, ends up looking mighty nice to these eyes. I'm not sure that my yard "work" should bring me such joy but it does.
It does feel daunting sometimes w/this yard (and oh yeah these children I am supposed to take care of) but once I get into the thick of it, I am thoroughly satisfied. The bugs could go away minus worms, beetles, butters, and lady's but other than that and whomever lets their dog poop in my front yard I could do it all day long, most every day! Don't even get me started on when I get to break out the hose! Let us just say I am not "water wise", I like to waste (SHAME!)
I even like the smell of dirt. Clean dirt though, not dirty dirt like dust.
Does that make sense? It does to me but that's not sayin' much.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

My spring yard itch comes only after the sneeze, and then I start to itch. That is why you have your yard and I have mine.
Hope we didn't give the world a rash....That will suck since you had the puke too. Good luck.

Susan Catmull said...

We need to trade our talents, I'll make some crafties and you work in my yard. Deal. LOL

The Bronson Bunch said...

I love working in the yard too. I just wish I had more money to make it more worth while. Oh well, the weeds will ALWAYS need to be pulled. Your yard is beautiful I must say. AND I love your Sam. He is one smart kid!

Anonymous said...

If they made a candle that smelled like dirt, I would buy it.

Heres's to a sunny spring!

Aimee said...

I like the smell of clean dirt, too. And I like the smell of the hose water on the driveway. Is that weird? There are certain smells that make me happy.

I am like Lisa, too though. The itch and the sneezing. Ugh. I might go buy me a box of paper face masks so I can breath and still be outdoors.

Chad said...

I thought the first paragraph was going to end with a pregnancy announcement.

Hendricksonblog said...

Geez, no thanks Chad!

Chad said...

Just for the record... I wasn't offering!

Hendricksonblog said...

good to know and to be on record

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures