Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Now everybody's on the run

I had my first theft today
it was a total accident & now I will be required to "remember" to pay for it next time I go to Target which of course we all know will be soon anyway.
I was holding it to compare it to larger packages of hearing aid batteries you know, to get more for my money. Well somewhere between keeping track of 2 kids and why I was even in the store to begin with (a prescription), I slipped this into my pocket
I am at least glad that I wasn't caught and stopped by security (how embarrassing would that have been?) and I can just be the honest ingine next time I return that will be minus any embarrassing handcuffs.
So I just grabbed some on sale items, a few I want items, one Sam wanted item and some bread and this his how one bag ended up
Do you think it was subconscious on the "female" baggers part or just plain coincidence?

Now back to that prescription I before mentioned
periorbital cellulitis
This will be added to the list of "weird" illnesses my children have suffered.
Now before you run to wash the germs off your hands by just being near this photo you should know, it is not contagious. People normally think Sam is a cute kid but you should have seen the Target patrons looks of compassion for whatever they think may have hit this kid in the eye. They would look me up and down to see if I looked the "type". I don't know that child abusers have a "look" but I think I passed most times and they went on to thinking it was cute in a sad sort of way. He told one lady it was an eye infection when she asked what happened and she pulled her kids behind herself and politely scurried away. Can't say I blame her. ha ha

8 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

Ohhhh I feel so sad for him. Hopefully it clears up quickly. You do get weird illnesses at your house though. I've ACCIDENTALLY taken a few things in my shopping with little kids days. I always bring it back and pay and they are amazed. Really I think they are just amazed I made the effort.

Natalie said...

If you're the shoplifting "type," I'm pretty sure you're the "give my child a shiner" type.

That is a very swollen eye. Poor boy!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

My brother in law got the same eye infection as a child as well. It scared his sister so much-she was afraid of the elephant man and thought for sure her brother was turning into the elephant man. So sad.

And I would look you up and down and say, "yup-totally a child abuser."

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

ps-Adds looked at these pictures and asked, "Mom, what are those naughty faces? I would really, really, not marry him." Sad, but funny. I know she would marry him, you know, once his cellulite clears up.

Hendricksonblog said...

Crap natalie I didn't even put those two together. Now I am really really really glad they didn't stop me. That would have looked so bad.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Adriaaaaaaaaan!!!!!

I noticed that hardly anyone ever asks what happened to your kid, when they have a black eye. Pretty funny. I like Nat's insight on the situation.

Anonymous said...

Yep, chocolate and tampons with a kid and a bruised eye. Sounds about right!

Chad said...

My first theft, as far as I can remember, was a couple packs of baseball cards from Sprous Ritz. I can't even remember if I got any good cards from the packs. Probably not.

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures