Saturday, October 9, 2010

She's got eyes of the bluest skies



Her first caramel apple---Yes people this should be a milestone

Her first conference Bingo
Her first conference Bingo where she opted to stick the candy to the wall
She felt quite clever
Her first self photo. I have to say it ain't too shabby
I'm not sure how she even did this
The first time she got "caught" in the act of getting into things
The first time he would wear these darling "skinny" jeans
ha ha on him they are wide leg
Last and certainly most important to document
Dave's first time Baptizing a daughter

I've never known a kid to be so excited to be baptized.
She has been counting down and was almost giddy last night talking about it.
She loves/hates the attention but I know she is proud of herself and so are we.
Special highlight: April and Ella are looking somewhat "normal" in this picture. It is possible!
These are all the men in her confirmation circle but certainly not all the men who love her and support us in all the things we do. Dave and I have wonderful family and friends and we appreciate and are aware of the blessing they are in our lives. It was also a blessing to all the other families baptizing their kids when they let us go first and our crew clears out the chapel. It cracks me up every time we do a church/family function. People kind of stare like we are polygamists standing in line at Raging Waters with our jeans under our pioneer dresses.
The bounce house I rented was supposed to be picked up tonight. Its still back there so maybe I will skip church to really get my moneys worth.




16 comments:

Julia said...

"People kind of stare like we are polygamists standing in line at Raging Waters with our jeans under our pioneer dresses."

...I can ALWAYS count on you for a good laugh when I stop by your blog. Thank goodness for you!

Ella looks like a princess! I'm glad she had such a special day.

Natalie said...

Ah! Excellent post! Cracked me up and gave me a warm heart all within 30 seconds.

So, our Oregon kids get their very own baptisms. Truer church in these parts, I guess. Kate's comfirmation circle was Neal and the bishop.

And I'm impressed @ the little family you guys have. Well done, Ape!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Miss Ella!

You both come from really awesome families, enough to make one a little jealous!

ps super cute family picture.

Liz said...

I love Ella's dress! It was great to be there for Ella's special day!

Aimee said...

Maybe it's the chalkboard as the backdrop for your family picture that made it such a good one. Doesn't it suck that the boys always look great and they don't care?

Ella looks like an angel. I love her to death and I kinda like having her around. Her dress looks like frosting.

And, I too, appreciate a good laugh and a tear or two all in 30 seconds.

The Royals said...

I love Ella's dress. So pretty! And you are lookin' mighty fine, Sista!

The Bronson Bunch said...

Ella's dress is gorgeous! Love it. Way to go kiddo. You are such a good girl.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Ditto what Nat said, minus the Oregon part.
Cute family picture.
I hope you didn't pee your pants in the bounce house (assuming you have a weak bladder like the rest of the Bray gals).

Sarah Lee said...

I thought the same thing about your family picture "Wow, April and Ella are actually smiling and look normal".... not that you dont' look normal... you know what i'm saying. Ella gets all embarrased for pictures.

When they went up to confirm her I said that Sean and Eric went up to make everyone else feel short, and Lisa said it's always goingto be Brian and Adam in front.

My word is "shagg" psh...inappropriate.

Chad said...

Congrats to Ella.

Lisa said...

I like you guys!! Brin can now hardly wait for her own baptism and wants a pretty dress like Ella. Brian defiantly should have went and stood next to Ella and Adam. Standing by the Lingwall boys was a mistake.

Hendricksonblog said...

He could have stood by my dad or brother Kerry who are not on the tall side either. My poor dad is kind of almost lost in the back.

Lewis Family said...

Happy times for your family. You have a beautiful one.

RRWhicker said...

Ella looked beatiful. Em is getting really excited for baptism. And is it just me or did Sam also get "caught" getting into things?

Hendricksonblog said...

LOL Rachel! I was hoping no one would notice that. There is another picture from the other side of the cupboard but unfortunately he is still getting into things in that one too. Ha ha...he is a fiddler

RRWhicker said...

Boys are just born to fiddle, I believe.

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures