Monday, May 17, 2010

The shot heard around the world.....or our backyard.

Logan has been practicing his trick shots from the trampoline the last few days.




Dave actually posted this. SHOCK AND AWE!!!
He then read a bit of the blog and asked me why I am rude to him on here. I don't think I am rude to him or about him. I told him that I am the only one that is honest about stuff and that I am rude to myself too..........well and the kids.........well and everyone else. He also said that no one would know that I didn't do the title but I had to ask him where it was from (dumb me). Everyone would know it wasn't from my brain because it has to do with History....which I suck at. It is also a bit disrespectful to the poor President it speaks of (whoever that is) and I would never write potentially controversial stuff.
Dead giveaway Dave but I will give you 20 points for clever. I would have had to google it if he wouldn't have told me what it was from but I have already forgotten.....Kennedy maybe?
P.S. Did everyone else know that google is a number? Yeah my 3 (now 4) year old taught me that.
P.S.S. Today Sam was sad because we left a car at the school and he kept crying so I said "Sam you need to settle down and stop crying or I will not get you a new one when we go to Target" and he whimpered and said "Mom I'm trying but I can't stop, I'm just so worried". Ha ha I think this stems from me saying "Don't worry about it, its not that big of a deal"

14 comments:

Becky said...

That is so freakin' awesome. We all cheered in the kitchen. I can't believe that Dave is so calm about it. We would have been screaming our heads off!

I love the cool drop and roll off the trampoline in celebration!!

Way to go!!!

This has AFV written all over it!

Chad said...

Kennedy? Ha ha.. I love it. You failed history right?

Nice shot. You should you tube that one.

I am with Dave, you are rude to him here.

Hendricksonblog said...

You really think I am Chad? I truly am not trying to be. When I say stuff that seems rude I am only kidding. I like Dave just the way he is.
No i didnt fail history but I hated it and once he mentioned it was Kennedy I was like "oh yeah", so i guess all the info is back in my brain somewhere.

Natalie said...

I don't think you're rude to Dave. I think you're like Goldilocks - just right.

I totally knew what the title was. But I'm a nerd like that and got my degree in history. So, I'd BETTER know that one.

And that was a cool shot. I loved the launch out of the tramp. Remember when we called them "tramps?"

Chad said...

I hate to break it to you all, but the "shot heard round the world" typically refers to the beginning of the Revolutionary war due to Emerson's poem about it. I think it was called the Concord Hymn if I remember from my English classes. Some people also use it to reference when Archduke Ferdinand was killed to start the events that led to WWI as well.

Becky said...

I think we should all take a minute to determine the answer to the bigger question here. . .

Whose the bigger geek? Chad or Nat?

Anonymous said...

I vote for Chad!!!

Dave has always been the one to dish it out to others, oh the stories I could tell. So April, I say lay it on that man!!!

Logan is awesome!

Hendricksonblog said...

Thank You Becky (in pretend giant font) and your right Angie. You know what he used to do to Jamie. He would lick his thumb and press it on any zit she ever had.......rude huh? he would still do it if she lived closer and had lots of zits

Sarah Lee said...

i knew it was something from history... that's about it. Though I did know it didn't involve Kennedy! ha ha. That was the "magic bullet"... remember Seinfelds magic loogie?

good gravy, that shot was great. I couldn't even throw the ball that far.

Chad said...

Now the Chinese are calling me names?!! WTF?

Lisa said...

I don't think that you are rude to Dave at all. And I laughed about you not putting "potentially controversial things" on your blog!! I agree that most people are not "honest" on their blogs. I am an honest blog writer too.
That shot really is awesome. Could he do it again if he tried?
Peace

Hendricksonblog said...

Steve Ballmer and me, yeah we go waay back. Okay just to let you know why Dave didn't really cheer. Logan does this trick like 26 times a day. He is a freak of nature. I should take a video from the other direction so those who don't know can see how far away that hoop is from the tramp........yes I still say tramp too.

Hendricksonblog said...

Oh yeah and does anyone else find the "WTF" to be hilariously funny. I laugh every time I see it.

Transitions Through Time said...

Hello, the pictures are so adorable. I love reading about them. I have kids around there age too. They love to take pictures of themselves...though not the 16 year old he just stays to himself mostly.

To read about my family visit:

www.wix.com/makeupblogger/stephswriting

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures