Sunday, December 27, 2009

grandma chews it in her sleep, thinks shes chewin shredded wheat.

The rut continues.............................................
Not only a rut in blogging but looking at the others that make me smile and LOL (thats for u chad) so much. Hmmmmpfff!!!!
How about a photo?
well speaking of, anyone seen it?
Its new and little and orange and did I mention its new and I cant find it?
Maybe its too compact.
Christmas was good and I have pictures, or at least I had pictures.
Ella got a new camera from some of her favorite people.
Maybe I will resort to that if I cant find my cute little orange one.
I added a few colors to help make up for my rut. Hope it helps.
I did however find a spare moment from my facebook rut to log in to bejeweled and make all my friends hate me once again. It really was a fluke and I was talking on the phone and hardly paying attention and wham my score just starts going crazy. Fluke I tell you but I like that fluke about once every week to keep the facebook peeps annoyed.
These two left some happy children that day and a really happy me. I always have said I should make my blog into a book and I never would have. Its the coolest thing and one of my most thoughtful gifts ever.
Dave and I (well I) decided to start a new tradition of inviting both of our parents (and of course Adam) over for Christmas eve. It has worked out that all of the other siblings have other things going on. I hope we can always do this and my kids look forward to it. I like the calm before the storm that it is too.My camera is having user error again so I will have to work that out.
I made baby back ribs and au gratin potatoes for dinner and we have the sparkling apple juice just for fun for the kids and because I like it. My mom and I have to watch Mr Kruegers Christmas for it to really be Christmas so the Hendricksons may hate this tradition and have to suffer through it (not really though I know they think it is a cute show). My kids gave their grandparents their gifts and we just spend the evening being calm.......you know before that storm i mentioned.
My storm started at about 2:30 am and I had some sort of bug that wanted all things removed from my stomach via my mouth. So to make a gross thing a little more gross by typing it I will just say that I have not had a sore throat like that since I was pregnant with logan and I threw up la frontera salsa. I do not like ribs so much right now and my abs are still sore 3 days later. The end of that story.
The eye of the storm
and thats just my family (even minus a few). Daves house is not nearly so crazy.
It was nice this year because my siblings and parents had an adult party last Friday where we exchanged some of our gifts and ate food and played games. I hate that I took no pictures of that night but we had a lot of fun.
My post is backwards but last Saturday we took Sam to Pirate Island Pizza for his birthday and it was fine. Many people raved about this place and to be honest I am not so sure why. The place smelled bad and Ash thought someone threw up but it was just the pizza. The kids had fun but I think Chuck e cheese is better. I guess if your really into to pirates this place might be better. Pizza still sucked though!
I am abruptly ending this post because I need to go watch the last episode of season one LOST so that I can get to bed around ten since as usual 5 a.m. comes all too soon.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Take it from a girl who knows, don't get into a blogging rut. Once you dive into that abyss, it's hard to come back. You are one of my favorite blogs to check!

Chad said...

YBCBTBOEALOPWBS. That means, "You better come back to blogging or else a lot of people will be sad."

Aimee said...

I always liked that Keri of yours, but now I think I love her. Did I get that right that she made your blog into a book? Wow. I tell you what - wow.

We went to Pirate O's in St. George before the one here opened and we all agree - not that great. Crappy service and the pizza was kid pizza (you know- the kind that doesn't really matter the taste just so long as the kid thinks it's pizza).

Glad your Christmas was a good one. Musta wiped you right out to the point of missing church. I will assume Brian told ya'll that we're getting a new Bishop Sunday.

Aimee said...

I always liked that Keri of yours, but now I think I love her. Did I get that right that she made your blog into a book? Wow. I tell you what - wow.

We went to Pirate O's in St. George before the one here opened and we all agree - not that great. Crappy service and the pizza was kid pizza (you know- the kind that doesn't really matter the taste just so long as the kid thinks it's pizza).

Glad your Christmas was a good one. Musta wiped you right out to the point of missing church. I will assume Brian told ya'll that we're getting a new Bishop Sunday.

Aimee said...

I always liked that Keri of yours, but now I think I love her. Did I get that right that she made your blog into a book? Wow. I tell you what - wow.

We went to Pirate O's in St. George before the one here opened and we all agree - not that great. Crappy service and the pizza was kid pizza (you know- the kind that doesn't really matter the taste just so long as the kid thinks it's pizza).

Glad your Christmas was a good one. Musta wiped you right out to the point of missing church. I will assume Brian told ya'll that we're getting a new Bishop Sunday.

Lisa said...

Is it the new thing to leave the same comment 3 times on a blog. That Aimee. Yeah tell Keri that I seem to have not gotten her christmas present this year. That is AWESOME!!! They are the best aunt and uncle ever. As of a blogging rut? hmmmmm yeah I know what you mean. Can we say it is almost Easter now?
5 isn't early unless you actually get up!!! Hope you get better soon.

Mama H. said...

We love the Christmas Eve tradition since it's pretty lonely when you don't have any little ones around the house anymore. We do enjoy your movie, but we still need to fit in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street sometime.
Keri's gift WAS amazing. It reminds me of when you went through my YEARS of boxed up photos and put them into books and some semblance of order. All that for a mother-in-law. Wow!

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures