Thursday, October 30, 2008

And your life is forever altered.......................again!


374 days later......................Neve made her appearance into our lives. It has been a very long 9 days past a year for me but now (keep in mind I say now) it was worth the wait and the heartache (I suppose) to have her here now.
For those interested in the gory details I will brief you. I woke up at 3:30ish Sunday morning to the terrible sensation of peeing the bed and then realized the quantity was way too high for my poor little compressed bladder. So, I woke Dave up and you would have thought I had shot him and he proceeded to get me the towel that I would now base my wardrobe around. Is this not the worst feeling for those of you who have experienced this water breaking bit? I was glad it was the middle of the night since I felt like an idiot dressed like this. So we went to the hospital and did the pitocin bit and then the epidural (who else is not in love with their anesthesiologist?---He's a great man).
So I had this sneaking suspicion that this baby was bigger than my others by my pelvic floors moaning and groaning each time I moved.....or didnt move.
It took three sets of pushes and out came this HUGE child. I looked at Dave like, "what the crap"?
8 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long..............which is funny since today she was only 19 1/2 inches.
BIG BERTHA she was.
I tried to leave the hospital early the next day but ended up waiting until 8 that night to go home. Dave is better than most nurses anyway so I may as well have my own bed. He stays up with babies at night too (you can show your husbands this if so needed).
So all is well and then she turns into a MONSTER..........
We have a new found patience and perspective on this though. We will take the screaming baby any day.
So today she went in for her 5 day except that she is only 4 days and the Dr. comes to this conclusion that the poor thing is starving. So here we go with the pump and the supplemental formula to try to catch back the 1 lb plus that she has lost in 4 measly days.
She is now the size of one of my newborns but I am quite sad about it.
I have found a love for infants that I didnt have so much before but really cant they just learn to at least say "mommy, I'm still hungry" like a 2 year old can.
It is all once again a very Surreal experience!!!

13 comments:

Amy said...

April, congrats, she is absolutely beautiful and I love her name. I love that your water broke, my has only done that once and I think it's the coolest way to go into labor. I hope that she starts gaining weight but man she is a doll. Hope you're feeling well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. That is one beautiful baby and you Bray girls do pick some cool names. I love her name. I love knowing that Dave is so sweet and sensitive, who would of thought! Love ya Dave. I hope she gets fat again and fast. It makes me baby hungry, I don't think that feeling ever goes away. Congrats again.

TammaRamma said...

Congrats! She's a beauty, and BIG! Both of my boys were 8lbs and I tell ya, Wow, that's a lot of baby! Nikki had her baby on Sunday too! I agree, the baby hunger never quite goes away....someday. I hope.

Brian said...

I hate to admit, but somehow your poetic speech almost brought me to tears. Why you might add??? I don't honestly know, but I am soooo happy for you and your new little family. I love you guys and am so happy you get this chance of doing the unknown once again. I is just something without words. Enjoy the time. I am now looking back and can hardly remember the day my little ones could fit in the sink!!! I love the pics keep them coming. I am getting a good 5 hour average of not feeding my babies at night if you want to bring Neve by for a feeding!!

Chris and Erin said...

She is so darling. Congragulations. I am so glad that everything went well. I am so glad that your little baby is finally here. I know that nursing can be a real bugger at first. Take care and take it easy.

Liz said...

She is a very cute baby! I can feel your pain April. Caden was the exact same size as Neve. I was miserable! He was also blessed with a huge head. Anyways, we can't wait to meet her!

Heather said...

She's beautiful! And she really does look big. Dallin was 2 oz. smaller than she was, and about the same length. I assumed that Neve would be about the same size as he was. I was surprised by her cute chubby thighs and cheeks. I keep thinking about how cute she is.

Thanks for letting us come and see her. I'm sorry it wasn't the best timing, but I totally understand about wanting to be home in your own bed.

I'll send you a copy of the picture. Can you believe that's the only one I took?

The Royals said...

Your baby is beautiful! My hubby is also the stay-up-with-the-baby man. I love her name!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Oh April, she is so cute!! I love that she is already this chubby little thing... mine come out looking like scrawny little mice. Good luck with the feedings, formula has always been my best friend. Oh, and I love her name.
Ginger

Sarah Lee said...

Maybe she already has a complex about being the "big one" and so she's trying to slim down. She does have to compete with Sam and I think he just might win for the skinnest legs ever. I do NOT get baby hungry, ever. I do not understand it. Maybe I just remember what comes along with those cute little faces and bums... screaming, pooping, no sleep, etc. I enjoy my own babies, but still keep wanting them to get bigger. Phoebe is at the best age. She is a hilarious disaster.
I hope she will be a good baby for you, you deserve it after being pregnant for soooo long!

Julia said...

What a cute little cherub! The whole weight maintenance in the beginning can be so, so, so hard. It was stressful with all three of mine. Hang in there. Lots of love and congratulations are coming your way from one state west...

Noslo Family said...

Congratulations Hendrickson Family!! She is such a cutie. My water broke both times in the middle of the night. I had to call Chris home from work both times. I think that it's the best way to go! I thought you had small babies? Good luck on the feeding.

Natalie said...

Dang April. How did you get that little baby-san out? Good for you. You should get a medal or something. I'm not jealous about the whole first 6 weeks. It's like crazy on crack. But then they get the age of my baby, and they're the cutest things EVER!! Good luck with the feeding thing. That sucks. Literally.

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures