Thursday, September 11, 2014

Okay, I'm thinking of something orange, and it's small...

I don't normal do a recap of a whole season but since the start of our summer was total crapola I hadn't felt much like blogging without being a disaster so now I am left with a plethora of pictures.

We only too the boat out once this year which is pretty sad but at least Luke could have all his dreams come true by getting to go.  It was our most successful trip since all the kids did things besides the ski trainer and the tube.   Things as in we had many a breakthrough on the knee board.  Some braver than others.

Ella who never dared to rise from this position
Sam
Neve
after a little help from a friend
They were giving away free beach balls at the lake that day
 for the first swimmer to the island.  Brian won!!!
poor little Ash got stuck in this position while trying to do 360
This is a torture idea though if that ever becomes necessary
Ash had the coolest eyes that day and I figure this is good place to put this picture
 so I can easily find it for their wedding video ;)
 Some other time in July we took the kids to Vegas for Logan to play in a basketball tournament.
We couldn't do a vacation this year so we figured this was a cheap alternative.
I made our dinners and we ate in the Condo which was much better than smutty Vegas
I HATE LAS VEGAS!!!
Cute little Nevey lost her first tooth
(with some help from Me)
She has the Linda disease of closing eyes in pictures
Don't worry fellow parents, this amount is only for the first tooth
My kids are all fish and Neve taught herself to swim or at least not drown
I love the water too but I'm more like a fish that is missing a fin in the swimming arena
Am I the only person who loves goggle pictures?
And missing teeth?
I'm pretty sure Ella has gills somewhere
The kids kept doing these races
Even though Ella kicked all the butts every single time

My baby boy who now has armpit and facial hair and stinks to high heaven
and fought hard for a mullet until I conceded to this modern mullet
oddly enough I loved this cut and he got sick of it fast
He plays for UBC but this was not his team.  He was asked to come play with them since some of their team couldn't come to the tournament.  This is by far one of my favorite coaches he has had and I hope he continues to play for him.
This was the aquarium right outside the Nike store in the Shoppes at the Forum
We had just watched the poseidon show which made this place hotter than hell and humid, my worst nightmare!
Waiting for the water show outside the Mirage after fighting crowds
and really really bad smells.  Seriously what are these smells there?
 We walked by a guy and Sam said "hey, it smells like a cigar!"
Sure enough the guy was smoking  a cigar but the big question is
 "how in the heck does Sam know that smell?"
When we got home Neve wanted to go back
I did too but only for the salt water pool,
those pools are the best for people who get headaches from strong smells
 and who don't like green hair
random sampling:
Neve:" mom did I get borned on my birthday or no?"
Sam spends about ten minutes every day after school crying in his room from frustration claiming "he hates his life and hates all of us"----He's such a smart boy and the first weeks of school really give his brain overload & the emotions come flying out.   Other kids like to play after school but this boy needs some quiet time to rest his brains.
Logan: "Mom do you realize every day when I get home you say the same thing and then I say the same thing,  how was school, good!"
Neve trying to tell me I am telling her how to do homework wrong. ME: "Neve I have been alive a lot longer than you so I think I know"  NEVE:"yep and you will die first too!"     I hope so my dear girl, i hope so!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay! Love the post. Feel free to share any of the boating pics!

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures