Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shining shimmering splendid

Sam Says:
Mom, happy birthday and I hope you have a great day!
Mom, I was just thinkin' about telling you happy birthday again.
(He was admiring some gifts I got)
This is some pretty good stuff you got here!
I was lookin at this spray, its pretty nice! I put some of this lotion on my feet, I hope thats okay,
and mom all this bath stuff is kind of like reminding me that I wanna take a bath right now.

I was laying in bed not feeling well and Sam came in and said "Mom, I am so sorry to bother you, but what is on the front door?" I told him it was a piece of carpet for someone to pick up and he said "I was thinkin' it was like roast beef or somethin"

On our way out from dumping the potty pot in the real toilet I caught Neve taking a sip from the pot because i had left a little water in it from washing it out. I said "eww Neve don't drink out of that it is really gross" and she said "I'n juss kiddin". She tells me to shut up too and then hurries and says that so she doesn't get in trouble.

I took the kids to YW/YM tonight because Dave and Logan are in Vegas for some BYU B-ball stuff. Neve had her first outing since starting to potty train and she told me she had to go and I took her and she thought the church's big toilet was cool so she tried it, and then tried it, and then tried it, and then I got sick of her trying it. I forgot until tonight that you want them to do the big potty so bad and then once they do they want to keep doing it even when they don't have to go and it is really really annoying. Oh well at least our first time out she did great and had no accidents. Sam entertained a few people w/his songs and dance. I was shocked that he knew his whole song for his Part as Aladdin. I didn't teach it to him, I can't even keep the tune right.

Dave gave me a box of dark chocolate bars before he left and I just looked them up online. No wonder he said they better taste good. I barely dare taste one. They are dark and dark is good, chocolate bars or skin, I even like my toast on the dark side.

The youth in our ward did some good/fun stuff for the talent show and I am impressed w/their willingness to share their talent. I never would have done that as a kid, unless it was just stuff as a joke. I hate the spotlight, it makes me uncomfortable and sweaty, and hurts my eyes. Hillari had the leaders do synchronized swimming which of course was funny and a joke and I got to look completely ridiculous w/the intentions of looking that way so it was fun and I was okay w/it.

I was realizing today how Ella helps me so much. So many times I don't know what I would do w/out her, literally. She will be such a good Mom someday but right now I am just so glad she helps pick up my slack as one and she never complains about it. I need to get some pics from Aimee but she is pretty proud that her team took 1st place at the clogging competition last Saturday. Sam and Neve drove me a little nuts being there tonight but I almost forgot that Ella even came because she blends right in so well.

At the closing prayer Neve came and sat on my lap while I was kind of crouched down and she said really loudly "mom I wont pee on your lap" and then right before the Amen she said "I farted!" luckily I think only all the other Moms heard her. One more reason to hope potty training is quick, so we can quick talking about pee, poop, farting, toilets, bums etc...... Not that we will but just so we "can" if we want to.

6 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Love your stories!!

Lisa said...

Too bad you didn't have a friend offer to watch your kids for you last night!! Still jealous as ever to be almost done with the potty training.

Anonymous said...

I will eat them if you don't dare.

So when you quit facebook people don't know it's your berfday....hope it was a good day. (it was right?)

I still love peeing in a big potty.

Hendricksonblog said...

Oh yes one more good reason to not be on FB.

Aimee said...

I thought for a minute you were going to forget the Neve comment at the end of the night. Lofty training usually isn't fun but your kids know how to make even that entertaining.

Another reason to quit facebook: one of those cameras last night might decide to put our synchronized swimming on there. Yikes.

Too bad we didn't have more time last night - I would have loved another couple of songs from Sam. Or four.

Aimee said...

Lofty? Really? My phone won't leave it as potty. I had to add it to my dictionary.

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures