Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm unusual, not so typical

This is Ella's first time competing in clogging and she has only been at it for 2 months.
The other kids have been doing it since Sept, so I dont think she and Emma did too bad for only 8 classes. They were both very excited to win 1st and 2nd place (there are only first and second for options but they don't need to know that). They have a great clogging teacher and I was impressed with her teams from Kamas, they were really good. I was thinking I could go up on stage and try to clog and then they could use it for a Jello commercial. That might be fun!!!!
This is a great alternative to dance for me because I am not too savvy on the hair/makeup/costumes/girly girly stuff and this is a little less maintenance and kind of fun because boys do it too, plus it is way less expensive and there are not so many costumey things. (that was what is called a run-on sentence) I dont know how it is now but waaay back when I walked both ways to school in a snowstorm, only "certain" kinds of boys did dance and cheerleading (not that there is anything wrong with that) and boys have always done clogging so its less taboo I think for those who don't want to seem feminine. Anyway they got medals and pins and she was very intersted in whether Logan has ever gotten a medal before. She wants to one up him in something. My brother Adam has lots of Medals from Special Olympics so I bet he will think hers is cool too.

They had some glittery sweat pants there that said "I love Dance". I thought about getting some for me for a good joke but it would have been a $40 joke, not worth it!
Now I am really tired, I likened it to going to 4 movies in the middle of a sunny afternoon, it wears a person out and you can only hear so many Jackson 5 songs before you want to poke pins in your eyeballs or any other body part of your choice.
Couldn't help but add this. It is a face my mom would call a putty tat face. (like pussy cat but with a lisp)

8 comments:

Mama H. said...

So glad to see Ella continuing the Hendrickson clogging tradition. I loved it for our kids. Ella is a performer, as we learned from Hannah Montana.

Natalie said...

I'm loving the thought of your $40 joke that almost was. Glad to see you've continued on with the Castleview clogging tradition. I like your description of clogging males. I think you're right. I can't think of any male cloggers I grew up with who "came out" later in life. I can, however, name a few male cheerleader's that did.

Sarah Lee said...

Something about that pic of Neve looks like Ava... do you see it? Happy birthday ya old bag!

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday, my jello jiggling clogging friend.

Amy said...

Yee ha for clogging, she looks adorable!

Lisa said...

Her hair looks really cute!! You might just be getting the hang of it?! So fun.

Anonymous said...

April, I am willing to pay you, to post a pictur of Dave from his clogging days....please!

Hendricksonblog said...

I havent found one yet

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures