Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fauna: Oh, she'd make a lovely flower.

Introducing!!!!! our little friend cpap. I got no sleep last night because there were two strangers in my room. Some sort of Ellaphant looking creature and this little humming/whooshing sound. I tried the fan to block out the different sounds. You see I am one of those habitual characters that wakes up often even if a different light is on that I am not used to. Dave was mysteriously missing from his side of the bed most of the night. Samuel is adjusting to the loss of Ella in his bed that he had just adjusted to in the first place. Some people dont value SLEEP like I do. (that is a jab--ouch) I am missing that friend of mine these last few nights. I have a feeling she will be back tonight no matter what. My limit is 3 days, I mean really can anyone go longer? It's ridiculous!

This is the noise, its actually really quiet but it may as well be a steam train to me!!
So with all this you can see that Ella has sleep apnea and probably has her whole life.
So I let her sleep in this morning until 9:20, school starts at 9:05.
I wonder if the sleep will make up for 6 years of lack?
Dave says she has to quit clogging because this little guy has a monthly fee so it gets to be her exta curricular activity. (he's kidding of course)

8 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

So does she have to wear that to bed every night or what? - Wow what a contraption.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that looks like fun. Hope you get some sleep. I hope Ella gets some sleep.

I sleep with a fan even if it's freezing. Jared makes fun of me.

I think you should post a picture of Dave from his clogging days. That would be fun!

Hendricksonblog said...

She does have to wear it everynight and we even got a case to take it on trips. I really do get sleep I just like to make light of those who dont. I will try to round up one of those pics....I bet Dave burned them.

Keri said...

I have to admit, this picture broke my heart a little - how is she doing with the whole thing? (BTW the "ellaphant" comment was genius!)
I am crossing my fingers that EVERYONE at the Hendrickson house sleeps well from now on!

Brian said...

I am just happy for a movie quote I know and LOVE. That is a classic "Little Sister"(my sisters and I) quote. Also "It looks terrible, that's because it's on you dear!!" My absolute favorite. But any who. I wish I could feel your pain on the no sleeping bit. Some have it so rough!! I don't know what I would do. But this must be your burden you must carry it alone!! I hope Ella gets some sleep. Let us know how it goes.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Ella should hang out with my Dad and Dennis Owen. We went on a trip with them last year, and everywhere we went, so did the CPAP. We call it Snuffy.

Natalie said...

I think it's a little "darth vaderish."

Oh yeah! I remember Dave and his sister were part of the Castleview Cloggers! I love it when memories come back! Find a picture. Find a picture.

Good luck with the cpap and the sleep. I'm with you on the "sleeps light" thing. It sucks.

Mama H. said...

Grandpa Hendrickson lovingly calls his CPAP "Darth." It does help him sleep better. I didn't mind the noise because it was much quieter than his snoring!
Ella is such an angel. It makes me want to hug the stuffing out of her. Good luck to all of you! I could probably supply some Castleview pictures...if I want Dave to disown me.

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures