Saturday, March 15, 2008

No, this is not what it should look like!!!!

Five days into trampoline ownership and the carnage begins. Destre (our old neighbor) came over to play and an hour later came in and told me something was wrong with his arm. I had just gone out a while before and told them the one rule was "to not get hurt" so when I told him his arm was broken he said to me "I'm really sorry"...............I thought it was really nice that he was worried he had broken the rules more than that he had broken his arm. His mom thought I was joking when I called her and it took me a couple of times to convince her I was serious. Luckily they are good friends and not uptight parents that might sue me........ Anyway heres to you, Destre our first and hopefully final trampoline casualty........................The best thing about all of this is that I called everyone I know who owns one right now with kids and they all claimed their kids have never gotten hurt (or other kids for that matter) so I went against my worry and bought it...............This is what I get I suppose........................Im glad all of your trampolines have worked out so well, everyone I talked to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Mama H. said...

Poor Destre; Poor April! Did you know Heidi broke her arm on Whitney Smith's tramp when she was little. Statistically, I think you should be done with broken bones on your tramp now.

Angi said...

I can't believe it! Right there is my 1,564th reason to never own a trampoline! I'm sorry that it happened to you but seriously I hate those things! Better luck next time!

Heather said...

NO WAY! You've got to be kidding! How sad for Destre and for you. But eeeew...that picture made my stomach turn.

Amy said...

What the??? I am sorry to hear about your neighbor, I actually think the picture is pretty cool, tell Destre way to be tough enough to show us his arm for the pic. Pretty much he's hatin it for awhile, but good thing bones heal. Hang in there!

Jennie said...

Seriously what are the freakin' odd? Well actually pretty good probably, but a couple days after you first get it. That sucks April!

Hey are you coming to the playgroup on Friday? You should!

Nichole said...

Yuck! I was contantly jumping on the tramp with friends and neighbors when I was little and I can't remember anyone getting hurt!! Crazy...those square tramps scared the crap out of me though! I always felt like I was going to fall?!

Sarah Lee said...

Can you please get this picture off of here, every time I check our your blog, I am sickened! i don't normally get grossed out, as you know, but I really, really hate this picture!

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures