Monday, February 11, 2008

Disneyland 2008

For those of you who have been to Disneyland you will realize the rarity of this picture. Donald Duck is not the easiest duck to track down. We finally got him on day 5 at Disneyland.
I enjoyed the faces being made on Screamin over california----especially Adams....
Captain Jack sparrow hiding on Tom Sawyer Island (I dont know if it is still called that)
Ella visiting her favorite princess, we had to wait for Ariel to come back from her swim. Ella knew she wasnt with the other princesses because "she cant walk so she couldnt go that far"
Roger Rabbit ride------Ella was a fan......she did really well this time and went on everything including splash mt---which she loved and space Mountain---which I think she pretended to like
This was a long wait in line but last time we went it was over and hour so we took advantage of the shorter wait.....
We had a great time at Disneyland and it was especially fun since Ella was big enough for everything this time......I dont know if we will ever go any other time than February. We went on every ride more than once and quite a few of them too many to count (Pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Screamin over Caliornia, Space mt., thunder Mt. etc....) The weather couldnt have been better (minus a horrible wind storm on the way there)......Samuel was probably the best 2 year old in the whole park and Logan was very daring and tried everything at least once (some after a little coaxing from Dave).
Adam came with us and from the very first Day was talking about going next year......you know how he is, always thinking about the next thing...........he only ran away once chasing down the High school musical float (i am sure because of the pretty girls) and loved seeing the Princesses(no I am not joking).....
The parade was marginal this time but the fireworks were way better....
Logan got to fight Darth Vader and I recorded it and hope to have it up soon to watch.......
Samuel spent a lot of time dancing to all of the bands and stuff that play in the street-----I hope to have some of that up soon too............ He also loved the Tiki room, which I thought was kind of creepy!!!
Anyway I am not much of a journal every moment person so that is what I will say for now..
But to anyone planning a trip I would recommend the off season-----it was waaaay better!!!!

7 comments:

Nichole said...

OMG it sounds and looks like you guys had tons of fun!! Your kids are so happy in every picture, especially Ella with the Princesses. I can't wait to go back and I think we will definitely go back during off season! The last time we went was for our honeymoon in June and it was so packed...than goodness for the fast pass!!

Lee said...

I am jealous. Exactly one year ago today we were driving back from one of our trips there last year.

The only downside to going in the off season is some of the big rides tend to be down for maintenance. This year will be the first time we haven't visited at least once in the last 4 years :(

We really need to plan a HUGE family trip in the next couple years. Every time we've been there, it's been us and only us, it would be fun to go with a bunch family.

Lee

Unknown said...

Glad you have a blog! They're fun to see. WE LOVE DISNEYLAND. Looks like you had a great time! Where did you stay? Nice that this is the first time I've talked to you in months and its on the blog.:)
Add us to your list: ashbyfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Amy said...

April,
Looks like tons of fun. I am jealous, honestly I could go to Disneyland once a month. Your kids are just way too big, wow how time flys. Hope things are good. See you. Amy

Keri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keri said...

So glad I can finally leave a comment!!

Sorry about the deletion earier - I wrote Daffy instead of Donald (embarrasing!!) and it wouldn't let me edit so there you go.

Thank you for getting me SUPER excited for my upcoming trip and for a very, incredibly cute blog :)

Love you guys!!

Angi said...

I love all of your pictures! And I am so relieved to see that you haven't changed your template yet. It would be such a shame to get rid of Mr. Miyagi.
I'm excited for what will come next! I'll talk to you soon!

Best Song lyrics ever

Pictures